Do you have Apples that are going to waste? Seems such a shame to leave them to rot. We would be very happy to come and pick your apples, those that are ripe on the tree, or good windfalls. We are looking for eating, culinary or cider apples, they will be used to make Cider.
If you, your friends, neighbours, or family have Apples (or perry pears) that are not going to be used, or just making a mess of your lawn, then we are happy to come and pick them.
We are happy to collect from within 15miles of Gloucester, including Gloucester itself, Forest of Dean, Cheltenham or Stroud District. The further we travel, the more apples we would like to collect, as travelling a fair distance to come away with just a few Kg would not be viable, in petrol or environmental cost.
We plan to scratt and press the apples either at home, or by hiring a scratter and press. We will then make a cider with the juice. This is our first attempt at making ‘proper’ cider, and if it is successful, we plan to make more next year. If it is successful we would be happy to give people who have contributed to this years venture a couple of bottles of Cider, ideally when we come to collect your apples again next year!
* We would like to make cider with a resource that would otherwise be wasted.
* The product will not be certified organic, but we would only like to collect from trees that have not been treated with pesticides etc. so they are as organic as possible.
* No chemicals will be added to the juice/cider.
* The cider will be made with 99.9% apple juice
* Initially we intend to produce a sparkling bottle conditioned cider.
For further information contact us by email email@example.com
This is an ongoing project, I am already taking details of people who would like me to pick in 2011, it’s going to be an exciting year 🙂
So, if you would like to send me your details now, so I can make plans for this year, please could you send me your name and address, approx amount of apples (e.g. how many trees), type of apple, and month that they are usually ripe.